How to Prevent Facial Veins from Getting Any Worse
- Posted on: Nov 17 2018
Facial veins may not be painful, but they can make you feel uncomfortable and embarrassed. If you have visible veins on the face learn how you can prevent them from getting any worse.
Visible Facial Veins Do Not Go Away on Their Own
It is important to understand that any veins of the face will not go away on their own. The only way to get rid of facial veins is to seek help from a vein specialist.
Even though these visible veins won’t go away without seeking treatment for them, you can prevent them from getting worse. There are a few things you can do on a daily basis to prevent visible veins on the nose, forehead, and cheeks from getting worse.
Examples of How to Prevent Facial Veins from Getting Worse
Making simple changes to your day-to-day activities can help you prevent veins on the face from becoming more visible. Some of the things you can do to prevent them from getting worse include:
- Using a sunscreen every day – even if it is cloudy out you will still be exposed to harmful UV rays. Always apply a sunscreen before going outside.
- Exercise for at least 60 minutes a day – daily exercise strengthens your veins and increases circulation
- Eat a healthy diet and avoid excessive alcohol use
- Seek treatment for any condition, such as acne, allergies, or rosacea, which is causing skin irritation or inflammation
- Gently wash your face. Don’t scrub or rub at your face.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun or tanning beds
- Don’t wash with hot water use warm water. Hot water can cause blood vessels to break which makes the veins more visible.
Treatment Options Available for Veins on the Face
The only way to get rid of facial veins is to get them treated by a vein specialist. All treatment options are minimally invasive and performed in the office.
Treatment options that are available for visible spider veins on the face include:
- Radiofrequency and electrocautery procedures as Veinwave
- Laser therapy
- Sclerotherapy – the injection of a chemical or saltwater solution into the visible veins. The solution hardens the veins which close them off and eventually allows them to heal.
Want to learn how to get rid of facial veins? Schedule an appointment with Dr. Charles Dietzek at Vein and Vascular Institute of New Jersey. Dr. Dietzek will help you explore possible treatment options that will reduce the appearance of large and small spider veins on the face. Call our office today to schedule an appointment.
Posted in: Aesthetic Procedures