You have many options when you decide to get vein treatment at a clinic. To have the best possible experience and get rid of your varicose or spider veins, take some time when choosing a doctor for your vein treatment. You may be delighted with the results when you choose the right South Jersey vein doctors.
An informative initial consultation.
Vein disease is common, but not all vein conditions are the same. Vein doctors should set aside plenty of time for you at your initial consultation so you can ask all of your questions and get satisfactory answers. Do not be afraid to ask for further explanation on points you do not understand. Good vascular surgeons are patient and able to explain treatments, conditions, and everything related to your veins in plain English.
A convincing diagnosis.
With today’s technology, vein doctors are able to tell a lot about your veins. They can use high-tech methods to image your blood vessels and blood flow in them so they can properly diagnose your vein disease. These are some possible methods.
- Duplex ultrasound, which takes about 30 minutes, lets doctors identify blood clots and determine the cause of varicose veins. It is painless.
- CT angiogram, which takes pictures of your blood vessels so vein doctors can detect conditions such as heart disease and aneurysms. It takes about 30 minutes, and you may need an injection beforehand.
- Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) can help diagnose blood vessel problems. It takes about 30 minutes.
With these techniques and possibly an exam, your doctor can more confidently diagnose your varicose veins or other vein conditions and prescribe treatment.
A minimally invasive treatment plan.
Painful vein stripping is a treatment of the past, so there is no need to fear your varicose vein treatment. Your vein clinic likely offers many less painful and more effective options for vein treatment. The best one for you depends on your personal preferences and the size of your veins.
These are some possible options your vein doctor may suggest.
- Sclerotherapy or ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy.
- Laser ablation of spider veins.
- Endovenous laser therapy (EVLT).
- Microphlebectomy or ambulatory phlebectomy.
Each of these is an outpatient procedure. You do not need to take much time off from work or your regular activities, and results should be detectable within a single visit or a few weeks.
A pleasant experience.
Nobody actually likes going to the doctor for medical procedures, but some things can make your trip to the vein clinic more pleasant. They include, for example, a welcoming staff that cares about your well-being and can answer basic questions. You also want to go to a vein clinic that offers convenient appointments that work with your personal schedule.