Varicose veins can be both unsightly and uncomfortable for patients. In addition to cosmetic concerns, these veins can cause pain, cramping, and other symptoms in the legs. You may benefit from the Venefit procedure if you suffer from varicose veins. To learn more about this treatment option, consult the information below.
What is Venefit?
Venefit is a procedure designed to treat varicose veins. It involves using radiofrequency energy, which destroys the lining of the treated vein. The vein then closes, and blood is rerouted to the healthier veins in the area.
How is it Performed?
During this procedure, a vascular surgeon administers local anesthesia to the area that will be treated. He or she will then use ultrasound imaging to locate the vein. After visualizing the vein, your surgeon will guide a small catheter into the vein and deliver the radiofrequency energy. Once this process is complete, ultrasound imaging will be used to ensure that the abnormal vein is completely closed.
Benefits of Venefit
Venefit offers many benefits over other procedures. Some of the primary benefits of Venefit include:
- Complete elimination of varicose veins. – The Venefit procedure effectively eliminates varicose veins by sealing them off and forcing them to shrink.
- Less invasive than vein stripping. – In the past, doctors used vein stripping to treat varicose veins. Venefit is much less painful and invasive than this antiquated procedure.
- Redirects blood. – After the Venefit procedure, all of the blood in the affected vein will be redirected to healthier veins.
- No general anesthesia required. – Venefit can be performed under local anesthesia. It takes only 20 to 30 minutes to complete the entire procedure.
- Short recovery time. – Most patients are able to resume their usual activities within 24 hours of the Venefit procedure.
How do I Learn More?
If you are interested in scheduling the Venefit procedure or learning more about your treatment options, contact the Vein & Vascular Institute today.