What to Look for in a Good Cosmetic Doctor
- Posted on: Sep 28 2015
There were more than 10 millions cosmetic procedures performed last year in the United States, with 40% being non-surgical cosmetic services, according to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. This means that when it comes to finding a cosmetic center, you have many choices. However, not all cosmetic service providers are created equal. Finding a great cosmetic doctor is essential to achieving the high quality outcomes you deserve.
Factors that Make a Good Cosmetic Doctor
Each patient seeking BOTOX® , Juvederm® , or other cosmetic services deserves to receive high quality care. Before you commit to a cosmetic center, learn more about the doctor and practice to make sure it is a good fit for you.
- Academic and professional credentials. There is no “best place” to go to school for cosmetic medicine. However, learning about a prospective doctor’s academic credentials can ensure that you find someone who offers safe, state-of-the-art care. For example, not all people offering Juvederm® or Radiesse® are board-certified surgeons. A board certification in vascular surgery or a related area shows a high level of training and expertise.
- A wide range of offered procedures. Some doctors specialize in just one or two procedures, which may limit your options. The best cosmetic doctors listen to your concerns and create an individualized treatment plan based on what makes sense for you. This might include BOTOX® , Belotero® , or another cosmetic treatment.
- A relaxing office environment. When you visit your cosmetic doctor, feeling relaxed will result in the best possible outcomes. Friendly staff and a relaxing atmosphere can go a long way to making you feel at home.
- Ability to accept insurance or your preferred payment option. Ask whether your prospective doctor accepts your insurance plan. Alternatively, inquire about payment options to ensure that they meet your needs.
- Recognition as a top doctor in local or national publications. Great doctors stand out from the crowd. Although not a guarantee, recognition as a “top doctor” in a regional or national publication is a sign of great patient care. Ask if your prospective doctor has received any awards or recognition for his or her clinical work.
- Willingness to answer questions. Above all, you need to feel comfortable with a prospective cosmetic doctor. Feel free to prepare a list of questions about your needs and concerns; a good doctor will listen to you and help you make a decision that feels right. Feeling heard and respected is an important part of patient care.
At the Vein and Vascular Institute, we are committed to providing excellent patient care. Dr. Charles Dietzek is happy to answer your questions and help you receive the cosmetic services you need. Contact us today for more information or to schedule your first appointment.
Posted in: Aesthetic Procedures