Evaluating the Venefit Procedure: Is It Right For Me?
Millions of Americans suffer from varicose veins or chronic venous insufficiency. These medical conditions are signs that the vascular system is not working properly to pump blood through the body. When blood pools in the veins, they begin to bulge and become discolored. Finding an effective varicose vein treatment is the first step toward better vascular health. Vein doctors are enthusiastic about a cutting edge treatment called Venefit. The Venefit procedure has many benefits over alternatives, so it’s worth a conversation with your doctor about whether Venefit is right for you.
What Is Venefit?
Venefit is a state-of-the-art varicose vein treatment that harnesses the power of radiofrequency energy to eliminate problematic varicose veins. Venefit Targeted Endovenous Therapy is minimally invasive, making it an attractive option for patients and doctors alike. During the procedure, radiofrequency energy applies even, uniform heat to vein walls. This causes the collagen molecules to break down, leading to a collapse of the veins. Following the Venefit procedure, the varicose veins are sealed off and reabsorbed into the body. Meanwhile, the body redirects blood flow to healthier veins, restoring optimal vascular functioning.
Evaluating the Benefits of Venefit
Vascular surgeons offer a variety of varicose vein treatments. Venefit stands out from the rest for its excellent outcomes. A few of the benefits of the Venefit procedure include:
- Use of radiofrequency energy means no incisions. While other forms of varicose vein treatment require small incisions to be made, Venefit employs radiofrequency energy that penetrates skin to collapse veins. This means that there is no need for stitches or incision care following the procedure. Plus, there are no surgical scars related to the procedure.
- Less pain. Recovery from Venefit is relatively easy, making it a preferred choice among vein doctors and patients alike. Most patients feel little pain after the procedure, although some aching may occur in the treatment area. This diminishes after a few days.
- Low levels of bruising. Bruising is a risk of any vein treatment, but it is minimized during the Venefit procedure. Patients may expect a small amount of bruising that goes away after a few days or weeks.
- Fast recovery. Recovery from Venefit is very fast, with many patients resuming their normal activities the next day. Talk to your vascular surgeon about any limitations on your everyday activities following the procedure.
- Lower risk of complications. The Venefit procedure is notable for its low risk of complications, meaning that you can feel confident in the positive outcomes.
Dr. Charles Dietzek of the Vein and Vascular Institute has years of experience treating vein disease. He is an expert in the use of Venefit to restore vein health. Contact the vein clinic today to learn more about this state-of-the-art procedure and determine whether it is the right vein treatment for you.
Category: Vein Treatment