Benefits of Hand Vein Treatment
Hand vein treatment is designed to address prominent, unsightly veins in the hands. This type of treatment offers many benefits that make it a popular choice among individuals who are unhappy with the appearance of veins in their hands. Some of these benefits include:
- Effective treatment for prominent veins. - The most common type of hand vein treatment utilized is sclerotherapy, a treatment option that works by introducing a sclerosing solution into each of the patient's veins. This solution irritates the vein's walls, causing them to swell and seal shut. Eventually, the veins fade from view and the patient's symptoms are alleviated.
- A short procedure. - In most cases, the entire treatment procedure will be completed in as little as thirty minutes. Because the procedure is so short, even the busiest patients are able to incorporate it into their schedules.
- Minimal discomfort. - Most patients undergoing sclerotherapy experience little to no discomfort during the procedure, and anesthesia isn't typically required.
- Quick recovery. - In general, patients who have hand vein treatments are able to return to their normal activities immediately after the procedure is complete. Patients may be required to wear support bandages or compression gloves, but recovery is otherwise easy and free from serious restrictions.
- Can be repeated. - In some cases, only one hand vein treatment session will be necessary to improve a patient's condition and eliminate the appearance of unsightly veins in the hands. However, additional treatment sessions can be performed if one session isn't sufficient or if additional abnormal veins appear in the future.
Before you can undergo treatment for prominent hand veins, you must first visit an experienced vein doctor who can evaluate the veins in your hands and determine whether you will benefit from treatment. Your doctor will also be able to determine whether sclerotherapy is the most appropriate treatment option for your hand veins. To learn more, please contact Vein & Vascular Institute today.
Category: Vein Treatment