Benefits of Endovenous Radiofrequency Ablation
Endovenous Laser Therapy, also known as EVLT, is a cutting-edge varicose vein treatment option available at the Vein and Vascular Institute in Seewell, Vineland, and Voorhees, New Jersey. Varicose veins can affect your life negatively; they cause pain and discomfort and limit mobility. They may make you feel self-conscious about your legs and and prevent you from participating in activities that require a dress, shorts, or a swim suit. However, there is minimally-invasive, highly effective treatment available.
Endovenous Radiofrequency Ablation vs. Ligation and Stripping
EVLT is a less invasive treatment than ligation and stripping, which was the varicose vein treatment of choice for years. Ligation and stripping involves making small incisions, pulling the vein through the incisions, and cutting and removing it. While ligation and stripping is invasive, quite uncomfortable, performed under anesthesia, and requires a lengthy recovery period, Endovenous Laser Therapy provides the same successful outcome without the inconvenience.
How EVLT Works
EVLT is performed by inserting a miniscule laser into the vein through a needle. Once the doctor has located the problem areas, he or she administers laser energy into your vein. The energy causes the vein to collapse
The Benefits of EVLT
Patients are typically highly satisfied with their EVLT procedure as well as their results, due to the many benefits of the procedure:
- General anesthesia is not necessary for the procedure.
- EVLT is performed right in a doctor's office, so there is no surgical admittance.
- The procedure is easy to incorporate into even the busiest schedules; the entire procedure is completed in less than an hour and there is no downtime following your appointment.
- Patients will not experience any scarring at all from the procedure.
- Symptoms of varicose veins are gone as soon as the procedure is over.
- The procedure has a very high success rate.
To learn more about EVLT, call the Vein and Vascular Institute at 856-344-3111.
Category: Vein Treatment