Cosmetic Services - Consultation, Procedure & Recovery
What to Expect During Your Aesthetic Surgery Consultation
When you meet with Dr. Charles Dietzek, you should be prepared to discuss:
- Medical conditions
- What you would like to achieve with aesthetic surgery
- Current medications
- Medical treatments
- Allergies to medications
- Drug, alcohol and tobacco use
- Herbal supplements and vitamins you take
- Previous non-surgical procedures such as laser treatment, botulinum toxin therapy and/or dermal fillers
- Facial surgeries
Dr. Dietzek will take your past medical history and current state of health into consideration. He will recommend which products will best accomplish your desired results. He may recommend Cosmetic Services like Juvederm®, Radiesse®, Belotero® or BOTOX® . During this consultation, he may also decide to measure your face and take pictures for future reference.
The Dermal Filler Procedure
It is natural to feel nervous prior to your procedure. Feel free to ask Dr. Dietzek questions because when you know what to expect, some of these anxious feelings will most likely subside.
- Facial Assessment - If you are receiving soft tissue filler, your skin tone and facial appearance in the areas receiving the filler will be examined.
- Mapping - Appropriate injection sites may be marked to ensure strategic placement of the dermal filler.
- Photographs - Pictures may be taken of the treatment areas before the procedure begins.
- Cleansing the Treatment Area - An antibacterial agent will be used to cleanse the injection sites.
- Anesthesia - There are several ways to anesthetize the areas to be treated: anesthetic ointment/spray may be applied to the skin; an extremely cold instrument may be used to chill the skin; or local anesthesia may be injected at the treatment sites. Although these injections can be uncomfortable, they are typically easy to tolerate.
- The Injection - Injecting the dermal filler only takes a moment or two per treatment site. Dr. Dietzek will inject the filler, massage the area and then evaluate the result. If necessary, he will inject additional filler until the desired result is reached. The number of areas being treated determines how long the procedure will take. The entire process can be just 15 minutes or it may take an hour.
- Clean Up - Once Dr. Dietzek is satisfied with the result, any markings that remain on your face will be cleaned off.
Recovery Time is Minimal
You may be given an icepack. To keep swelling minimal, be sure you use this icepack as directed. Keeping the swelling down helps to reduce discomfort associated with your dermal filler procedure. This swelling and bruising should diminish within about a week.
Most patients do not require medication following a dermal filler procedure.
There is literally no downtime when it comes to dermal fillers. You will be able to resume most of your activities immediately.
Initial Appearance – What to Expect
- Mild bruising/swelling
- Treated areas may initially look as if they are over-filled
- Redness/numbness (this is temporary)
You can alleviate these symptoms by using an icepack.
If you are looking for a South Jersey Cosmetic Center with an experienced cosmetic doctor, contact one of our offices today.
Category: Aesthetic Procedures